Monday, February 12, 2007

Won’t you be more than my Valentine?

Those of you who know me well, know that Valentine’s Day is not a big deal. I normally don’t celebrate it whether I’m single or attached. And if you really know me well, you know I’d rather get music over flowers or chocolate any day of the week.

Most women stress about not having a Valentine, but really how important is it? Ultimately I’m looking for more than one day of attention. Ideally the lucky guy I end up with will have some interest in music, or he is at least willing to be supportive and go to shows with me…even if we have already seen this band for the 30th time.

I have always called my friend Brie my musical soul mate. Brie is also in the same predicament of being fabulously hot, intelligent, and a music goddess. Who in their right mind wouldn’t want to be with us?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I know that someday Brie and I will each find guy that is right for us. She will end up with that Jewish doctor (but a dentist is okay too!), and I will end up with a guy who needs a green card (we all know this is my best bet for marriage). But in the meantime we will still hold on to our hopes that one of us will find our cool, hipster, music-loving guy…and that he will have a similar friend. In order to speed up the process I have created an ad to help find a guy:


SWF looking for SM between the ages of 25-37 to share life with. Looking for a man who will be my ultimate concert buddy. Must also enjoy indie flicks and documentaries. Must claim to not be a hipster, but totally is one without looking like it. Must love to travel, especially following our favorite bands. Must have the following characteristics:

The emotion of Death Cab for Cutie
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The intelligence of The Decemberists
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The honesty of The Shins
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The sincerity of Sufjan Stevens
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The humor of OK Go
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The charm of Pete Yorn
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The warmth of M. Ward
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The vision of Beck
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The neurosis of Conor Oberst
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The style of Interpol
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The cockiness of Oasis
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The humbleness of Coldplay
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The creativity of Radiohead
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The partying style of The Strokes
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The dance skills of Franz Ferdinand
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you feel you fit the following description, please respond. Will be waiting here patiently listening to “Maps” by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs until you do.


xoxo,
Stefania

Comments:
HA! I LOVED your Valentine's post! Brillant! They get better and better every week. I'm really learning a lot from reading them! Keep up the good work kiddo--you've got a #1 fan!

xoxoxAlicia
 
Oh, *sigh*...what an awful picture of me. Boys, I promise I am better looking than that, so please don't let the picture deter you...and you don't really have to be a Jewish doctor -- that's just what the parents want, but since when do I listen to them?

Stefania you are the best, and no matter what you will always be my musical soulmate AND my #1 Valentine!

xoxo
 
I see you've got kexp listed as a favorite music site - - I listen to John in the morning sometimes. If you haven't already you should also check out woxy.com -- it's another internet radio station a friend got me into a couple years ago and it's my primary source for new music.

Also, based on your general tastes, you might find this delightful: go to hypem.com, type "gonzalez knife heartbeats" in the search box, and listen--it's a great mashup of the knife's version of their song "heartbeats" with the jose gonzalez version everyone already loves.
 
You forgot "the alcohol fixation of We Are Scientists". Unless that's not on your list.
 
That's a high, and potentially schizophrenic, order you've got requested there. and hear, hear to the alcohol fixation of we are scientists.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?