Monday, August 04, 2008

"Yes, no, maybe is all I need to hear from you..."

On May 8th I went to the Abbey Pub with my friend Tyler to see Cut Copy, http://cut-copy.blogspot.com/. Tyler is a huge Cut Copy fan and actually was the one to give me that extra push to go when I was wishy washy about seeing them…and I’m glad he did! Originally they only had only one show scheduled for 9pm. However, they added a second earlier show at 7pm and then the 9pm show was moved to 11pm. I was at the late show.

The opening acts were also pretty good and I was looking forward to seeing them as well. The opening-opening band was The Mobius Band,
http://www.mobiusband.com/, and I have always liked their music, but never got that into them where own anything by them. I really like their song “Hallie” though. The opening act was Black Kids, http://www.blackkidsmusic.com/, and I was really interested in seeing them live. I love their song “I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You,” and was looking forward to hearing their other stuff. They were okay. Their songs sounded similar, but nothing was played that really blew me away.

By the time Cut Copy took the stage it was nearing midnight. I was really surprised they went on this late, but was hoping for a great show, even though I was getting tired. They immediately came out full of energy and started out with “Out There On The Ice” (which someone recorded—I wish I were that close!):


In the video you can hear all the cheering, screaming, clapping, and singing along…it was like this for the ENTIRE show. I kid you not. And there was tons of dancing. It was awesome. Such great energy not only from the band by the audience as well. There even was a moment when Dan Whitford (lead vocals) said that Chicago had the best crowd…ever. And you know what I believe him. EVERYONE left a sweaty hot mess, because we were all dancing and singing like there was no tomorrow.

I only own their latest album, In Ghost Colours, so I only knew those songs. The songs I recognized were “Lights & Music,” “Far Away,” “Feel The Love,” and my favorite “So Haunted.” I do know from Tyler that they did play songs off their first album, Bright Like Neon Love.

That had to have been one of the best shows I have gone to in a long time. I will gladly go see them anytime they come to town. Sadly, when they come back in Sept. I will be out of the country…next time. Thanks Tyler for telling me I need to go.

xoxo,
Stefania


“Lights & Music”


“Hearts On Fire”


Live version of “So Haunted”


Comments:
they didn't play feel the love. that would have been )*%*^$#*$(#& epic though.
 
Really? They didn't? Well I guess this is what I get for trying to write about a show from memory 2 months later...

I know, I know...I should be more disciplined.

Thanks for the correction. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?